West End Workshops
CASTING/AUDITION TECHNIQUE MASTERCLASS - SATURDAY 6TH OCTOBER 2018
Open to students and graduates aged 16-25. Work with a West End casting director, improve your audition technique, gain a valuable insight into the world of auditions and casting including:
- What a Casting Director looks for in the audition room.
- How to connect with a Casting Director if you are a new graduate, or are unrepresented by an agency.
- Choosing the correct audition material for you.
- How to improve your vocal and acting technique within your chosen audition pieces.
- Understanding your casting and giving the best performance possible within a short audition.
- Applying to agencies and what to include within your application.
- Individual feedback on each performance and the oppotunity to workshop your pieces within the room.
- How to be proactive throughout your training and once you have graduated.
- Q&A with both leaders enabling you to ask any industry related questions.
This workshop will be led by Harry Blumenau from Debbie O’Brien Casting: Casting Director for Grease; Saturday Night Fever; Footloose; American Idiot; Thriller Live; Dirty Dancing; Annie; Aida, Carnival, P&O and NCL Cruises; and more.
Harry will be joined by Victoria Farley: professional actress and vocal coach; Wicked; Les Miserables; The Mystery of Edwin Drood.
Participants will be asked to prepare two contrasting audition piece that are suitable for a general musical theatre or stage audition. Pieces may be solo songs, monologues/speeches or a mix of both.
For audition songs please bring sheet music.
Places are limited and must be reserved. Places may be booked by the completion of our online application form together with payment via electronic/BACS transfer. Please use your full name as payment reference.
Location: Dance House Studios, Ivy Arch Road, Worthing, BN14 8BX
Fee: £30 per student.
(Free of charge for all current Advanced Academy students).